Create these beautiful bead embroidered earrings! Learn the basics of bead embroidery, including a peyote bezel and brick stitch edging. Use the shape of the beads to create the rounded-diamond shape. A pearl cabochon and glittering bicones bring an elegant element to the design.
Saturday 4th Nov – 1.00pm to 4.00pm
Project unlikely to be finished in class, however, all steps will be demonstrated and detailed instructions provided to be able to finish at home.
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
TECHNIQUES: Bead Embroidery
COST: Members: $45
KIT: $25 (Optional)
FINAL DATE FOR ORDERING OF KITS: 20th October 2023
- 3 grams 11o seed beads main colour, any brand -for bezel, shape fill and edging
- 2 grams 11o seed beads contrast colour, any brand-for outline
- 1 gram 15o seed beads, any brand
- 2 X 14mm cabochon
- 4 X Gem Duos
- 8 X 4mm bicones
- 1 pair Earring findings (I used shepherds hooks)
- 8cm x 6cm piece of Foundation
- 8cm x 6cm piece of Backing material
- 8cm x 6cm Thin lining for stability (e.g., plastic from display book cover, flat side of plastic bottle, etc. If plastic not possible, I use layers of interfacing until I achieve my desired thickness)
Students also need to bring the following to class:
- Beading needle (size 10 or 12)
- Thread of choice
- Thread scissors (and thread zapper if using fireline)
- Sharp, pointy pair of scissors for cutting fabric.
- Regular scissors for cutting lining
- Glue (e.g., E6000)
- Pencil or white gel pen to mark your foundation.
- Marker for tracing shape onto lining
- Beading mat
- Light as desired
TUTUOR: Meg Thompson
Bookings are closed for this event.