The workshop provides an introduction on basic jewellery making skills. In this workshop the student will learn:
- About pliers ie., when to use flat nose pliers, wire cutters and round nose pliers.
- The types of metal wire (gauges) used in jewellery making.
- The use of head-pins and eye-pins.
- How to create a basic loop and make a pair of simple wirework earrings.
- How to open and close jump rings with pliers.
- How to string a necklace decoratively.
- How to attach a clasp securely.
- Cutting shaping and looping wire to make decorative shapes such as twirls and tendrils.
Saturday 4th Nov – 9.30am to 12.30pm
The project will not be completed in class.
SKILL LEVEL: Beginners/Novice
TECHNIQUES: Basic wire work skills, for connecting components
COST: Members: $45
KIT: $25-$35 available for purchase in class
Kits can be purchased with eyepins, headpins, crystals, jump rings etc. There will also be a selection of tools for sale – cost between $8 to $20. There will also be kits to make Christmas Earrings for sale costing $10 per pair.
- Round nose plies x 1
- Flat nose pliers x 1
- Wire cutters x1
TUTOR: Janice Chan
Bookings are closed for this event.