2020 Members' Original Jewellery
Entries in this section are eligible for judging in the Elly Feldman Award. A memento trophy is awarded to the winner as well as a prize money, award certificate and commemorative handmade bead.
All entries will be on display at the 2020 Melbourne Bead Expo and the winners announced at an Expo presentation.
Consideration will be given to the following:
• Wow factor – immediately catches the eye.
• Colour and design – not obviously derivative of another artist’s work.
• Quality of the finish, including secure clasp and no obvious loose threads.
• Appropriateness of the design/wearability of jewellery pieces.
All entries in this section must be the member’s original work, made since the last Expo in 2019. They can include any type of bead work, as long as it is an item of jewellery.
Items which have appeared in other competitions, whether in Australia or overseas are not eligible. Posting of entry images on public media prior to the competition is not permitted
Elly Feldman: 1st Prize $300
Members Original: 1st Prize $250, 2nd Prize $150, 3rd Prize $75
A maximum of three (3) entries per member.
- Due to exhibition space limitations, dimensions of each piece must not exceed:
-300 mm Height x 500 mm Width x 500 mm Depth.
-fit onto a shelf 50 D x 50 W cm.
- Members may offer these pieces for sale at any price (the BSV will apply a 10% commission).
Please ensure you read the full Conditions of Entry
Members Original 2020 Conditions of Entry
Results will be announced on the Sunday afternoon 8 November 2020 at the 2020 Bead Expo.
Winners will be notified by email or phone (if number provided) within three days of the Bead Expo ending. The results will also be announced on the BSV website and Facebook page as soon as practicable.