Bead Challenge 2019
Member Registration- Return of completed 2019 Challenge piece
All existing and new members received a free 2019 Bead Challenge Pack this year, as a 25th Anniversary celebration. We hope you've all been busy.
To return your piece for display and be eligible to win, you must actually register your piece. All entries must be registered by Friday 11th October 2019 and submitted by Sunday 13th October at the Melbourne meeting.
Registering is FREE, but you need to follow the process of registering as if for an event. Simply DO NOT pay the .01 cent invoice total at the end, as we will settle that for you.
Click on INVOICE ME to exit the event.
You will then receive an invoice number to use, so we can identify your piece easily.
Write this invoice number on your packaging and return slip.
(Note: Members must have renewed their membership for the 2019/2020 year to submit entries for judging or the $35.00 fee applies)
Note that there are two sections this year:
Open and First Time Entrant category!
If you have entered the Challenge before, you must register in our Open Challenge.
This will also be judged by public vote and eligible for prize money.
The First Time Entrant section will be judged by the 2018 Challenge Winners.
Both categories will be judged by our Guest Judge.
Prizes are awarded across each category.
Prizes in each category
1st Prize $150
2nd Prize $100
3rd Prize $50
Open to everyone!
Member's Entry Fee is free for 2019!
Non-members $35 (Australia)
Non-members $45 (International)
A maximum of two entries per person is permitted.
A second kit may be purchased by registering in the Bead Challenge 2019 if desired.
Last kits sent out 14 September 2019
Important Design Rules
- Your Challenge entry must be a single beaded item of your own original design, solely your own work.
- All beads in the pack must be used and visible from the front of the design. The cup chain provided in the kit must not be cut.
- You may add any, or as many beads, or other components of your own as you wish.
- You cannot change or completely cover the Challenge kit beads in any way, e.g. painting or wire-wrapping. Entries that have any glued beads will not be accepted.
- All entries are displayed flat or free standing on one (30 x 30 cm) board and must fit within this space. Ropes or chains will be draped to fit if necessary.
For more detailed information download the complete
2019 Bead Challenge Conditions of Entry
Results will be announced Sunday afternoon 10 November 2019 at the Bead Expo.
Winners will be notified by email or phone within three days of the final judging. Results will also be announced on the BSV website and Facebook page following the judging.