Travel the glitzy trail with the “Silverado” Bead Challenge this year. Create your own individual piece with this eclectic collection of silver beads and components.
There are two sections this year, Open and a new First Time Entrant category! We want to see as many entries as possible.
If you have entered in our Challenge before, you will be in our Open Challenge. This will also be judged by public vote.
The First Time Entrant section will be judged by the 2018 Challenge Winners.
Both categories will be judged by our Guest Judge.
Prizes are awarded across each category.
Prizes in each category
1st Prize $150
2nd Prize $100
3rd Prize $50
Open to everyone!
Member's Entry Fee is free for 2019!
Non-members $35 (Australia)
Non-members $45 (International)
(Note: Members must have renewed their membership for the 2019/2020 year to submit entries for judging or the $35.00 fee applies)
A maximum of two entries per person is permitted.
Postage of Bead Challenge packs to registered entrants will commence
11 February 2019, and last kits sent 14 September 2019
All new members will be supplied with Challenge kits as a welcome gift as a special 25th Anniversary incentive to participate in this exciting event.
You will be required to register your piece for submission at the October meeting later in the year. More details will be sent to you later, but it is now time to start your creation.
- Your Challenge entry must be a single beaded item of your own original design, solely your own work.
- All beads in the pack must be used and visible from the front of the design. The cup chain provided in the kit must not be cut.
- You may add any, or as many beads, or other components of your own as you wish.
- You cannot change or completely cover the Challenge kit beads in any way, e.g. painting or wire-wrapping. Entries that have any glued beads will not be accepted.
- All entries are displayed flat or free standing on one (30 x 30 cm) board and must fit within this space. Ropes or chains will be draped to fit if necessary.
For more detailed information download the complete
2019 Bead Challenge Conditions of Entry
A link is supplied to all entrants in their Registration confirmation email to download more details regarding bead suppliers.
Results will be announced Sunday afternoon 10 November 2019 at the Bead Expo.
Winners will be notified by email or phone within three days of the final judging. The results will also be announced on the BSV website and Facebook page following the judging.