Bead Challenge 2017
Open the door to creative success with this inspiring, bronzed assortment of Czech shaped beads, semi-precious hematite beads and a vintage style metal key.
Add your own choice of extra beads or findings to the basic pack for a chance to win fabulous monetary prizes.
Open to everyone, not just members.
Entry Fee $35 (Australia), $45 (International)
A maximum of two entries per person is permitted.
Postage of Bead Challenge packs to registered entrants will commence on 15th December 2016
Download a copy of the Bead Challenge 2017 Entry and Rules
A link is supplied to all entrants in their Registration confirmation email to download more details regarding bead supplies.
1. Your Challenge entry must be a single beaded item of your own original design and solely your own work.
2. All beads in the pack must be used and visible from the front of the design.
3. Some extra Challenge beads are available and can be purchased from The Bead Society of Victoria, Inc. (BSV).
4. You can add any, and as many beads, or other components of your own as you wish.
5. You cannot change or completely cover the Challenge kit beads in any way, e.g. painting or wire-wrapping. All Challenge beads must be visible. Entries that have any glued beads will not be accepted.
Submitting Your Entry
6. Your name must not appear on your Challenge entry piece BUT it must be on all packaging.
7. If the right side is not obvious to anyone but you, a clear photo must accompany your finished entry.
8. All entries will be displayed flat on one glass mirror tile and must fit within this tile. (30 x 30 cm, one tile per entry).
Do not send display material (e.g. a bust) with your entry.
9. If you attend the Expo you will not be permitted to touch your entry at any time for any reason. This is a strict rule and your piece will be withdrawn from display if this rule is broken.
10. The design copyright remains with the maker, but licence is granted for the entry to be displayed and photographed by the BSV. The BSV retains copyright in the photos and may use them for its own purposes in perpetuity.
Postage and Handling
1. All reasonable care will be taken with your entry but no liability will be accepted for loss or damage to any item in the custody of, or for insurance and transport to and from, the BSV.
2. If your entry is damaged in any way when received by the BSV then it will be disqualified. No entries will be sent back for repairs so take extra time with finishing your work. Please package your entries well. Remember that Australia Post is not always gentle.
3. We will inform you by email when your completed entry is received. If you don’t have email please include a self-addressed and stamped envelope so we can let you know by post.
4. Entries will be returned in your original packaging. You are responsible for all postage costs. You are required to either collect your entry at a December BSV meeting (Victoria only), or provide a return postage (pre-paid parcel post satchel).
If return postage is not included, your entry will be returned COD Post. Challenge entries cannot be collected from the Bead Expo.
5. International entries: Costs for the return of these Challenge entries will be raised through an invoice (PayPal payment).
6. Finished pieces must be posted in time to arrive in our post office box by the 6th of October or be handed in at the Melbourne branch meeting on the 8th of October 2017.
7. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
8. Please note that the bead packs are NOT refundable.
9. The Guest Judge Prizes are: $400 for first place, $200 for second place and $100 for third place.
10. The Popular Prize is voted by ticket holders at the Bead Expo. Prizes are: $200 for first place, $100 for second place and $50 for third place.
Results will be announced on the Sunday afternoon at the 2017 Bead Expo. (Date to be confirmed) The winners will be notified by email or phone (if number provided) within three days of the Bead Expo ending. The results will also be announced on the BSV website and the Facebook page as soon as practicable